A set of fictional stories protraying how beautiful Islam, our way of life is...

Monday, May 7, 2007

Heaven


I lay on the bed as my mom stood by the door. “Do you want a chocolate?” She asked enticingly with a cajoling smile. I nodded my head up and down wondering how come my mother decided to be so generous. I was looking forward to the promised chocolate yet, small as I was, I knew there was a catch.

I don’t remember the exact words she told me next but I know that it meant if I was good and obeyed her and did my homework and went to school, I would go to heaven. In heaven, she described, there would be no school. I could play as much as I wanted and I would have as many chocolates as I desired.

Heaven was definitely the place I wanted to go.

As I grew up, ‘Heaven’ changed its face many times. At times it was Disneyland, at times a line of wardrobes with different clothes for each day and shoes! Lots and lots of shoes! Many times, heaven was a library of movies. I would just sit and watch the lives of many men who lived on earth and God would have done all the editing, scores and background music. As a young adult, heaven was traveling. There would be ice rinks, surfing, skiing etc. whatever sport I couldn’t play: Air gliding and parachuting. All these would be there. I would fly my own plane.

Heaven was also a huge mansion. Not too huge, I like it cozy. My family and friends would be with me. There would be flying cars and roller skates and mysteries in the attic.

And then heaven was a mysterious man. Someone who would love me and make me feel wonderful always, someone who thought I was beautiful in every way.

Heaven was also the place; I would meet my prophet and all the prophets of God and all the good men and women. I would actually get to see them and talk to them and smile with them!

Heaven was then a lost friend. Waiting up there. Just for me.

Now I lay back, and think of all heaven has meant to me… and will mean in future, I conclude, that the best definition of heaven was what my mom gave it.

I still see her standing by the door, smiling, and telling me:

Heaven is: - All play and lots of chocolates.

2 comments:

Unique said...

awwww I really loved this idea of heaven being so many things for different people! Thank you for putting a smile on my face :)

Blogger said...

:-) Thanks for leaving a smile on mine!