A set of fictional stories protraying how beautiful Islam, our way of life is...

Monday, November 26, 2007

A letter to Allah, from a seven year old

Dearest Allah,

All praise to You, o Lord of the worlds.

May peace and blessings be upon your messenger, Mohammed SAW and his progeny.

Dear Lord, today Ammi made chocolate cake and it was the bestest. She also gave me a glass of milk. I don't like milk. But she says it's good for the body and that I will be able to beat Ashraf on sports day. She told me it was a blessing from You and I should not make faces. I am sorry to make faces... but Lord; I really don't like milk :(

In school I learnt multiplication. Teacher thinks I am fast with numbers. I don't like numbers but I like multiplication. I can multiply three digit numbers and I even taught Zahra how to do it. The best part of school today was break time. Me and Ali and Abdul played football. Abdul's dad got him one from the big shop on Halls street. That mean guy Amar tried to take our football away but we didn't let him. We took the ball and ran. I told Ammi this and she told me that we should not run away like cowards but 'confont' Amar. I don't know what confont is. Is it to give him the ball?

After lunch we went to Madrasa. Mualim aunty has finished teaching us the whole prayer. I can now pray the complete prayer! She has told us to pray everyday. She says it will bring us closer to You. She also says that you love children a lot and especially good children. I hope I am a good child. While we were all practicing how to pray, Amar pushed Ali and he fell down. Abdul got very angry and he hit Amar. Mualim aunty then came and separated them. When we told her Amar had pushed Ali, Amar started lying! He said he had not! Mualim aunty then took him away from our row and to the back.

Abbu has not yet come home. I don't know if he will come today. Yesterday I got up in the night. I wanted to go to the bathroom. When I passed Ammi's room, I saw she was crying. She was sitting by the window as if waiting for Abbu. I went in and I gave her a hug. She hugged me so tight. I might have broken my bone in the chest. Why does Ammi cry in the night Lord? She is always smiling in the day. In the evening she even chased me with the spinach soup. I don't like spinach soup. She is always happy happy with me then why sad sad at night? Please let Abbu come tonight. I want Ammi to be jolly always.

Ammi is calling me for dinner. She doesn't know I write to Lord. It is our secret.

May peace and blessings be upon your messenger, Mohammed SAW and his progeny.

I love you.
Your little servant,
Mansoor

8 comments:

Leila said...

So deep...how you managed to enter into this little soul? :-)

Blogger said...

Leila- I put myself 12 years behind :)

Blogger said...

Or rather 18 :)

Shahid said...

Excellent!!! U've portrayed the story in a very simple manner. As if it was really written by a kid. U've got into the skin of the child's character in the story.

Blogger said...

Shahid: Thanks! :)

iMuslim said...

Aww, a very sweet story masha'Allah - i love the bit with the milk! :D

Leila said...

awwww habibty thanks for that most sweet comment ever on my blog :D ur not weird at all, ur so sweet :))
hope everythings okay, miss u so mucho!!

Anonymous said...

Assalam Aleikum..

MASHALLAH!! that is beautiful!it really hit me! i love the bit about the mum at night, so touchy...

Mashallah..